Santini Wanderlust Talks: How to Book 4-star hotels at 2-star prices
"Santini Wanderlust Talks" is my Wednesday Series where I share BTS, tips, hacks, tools, and resources to build my travel piggy bank and pro tips for saving money on travel.
What if I told you there’s a way to book 4-star hotels at 2-star prices? #SantiniWanderlustTalks
If you’re always looking for ways to save on your hotel accommodations like me, check out Priceline's Express Deals - a feature offering extra savings of up to 60% off. There is a catch...the name of the hotel is a mystery. That’s right! The exact hotel isn’t revealed until after the booking is confirmed and it’s non-refundable. Not to worry! You can filter down the results to display options that are of your liking.
1. Search your destination and travel dates (ex. New York, NY)
2. Filter down the hotel results based on your preferred neighborhood(s) (ex. Times Square, Brooklyn Downtown, West Village)
3. Then, select your preferred amenities (ex. Free WiFi, gym, parking, pool)
4. Next, review additional attributes to narrow down the choices (i.e. location, hotel rating, price, reviews)
5. Before booking, be sure to check for additional discounts! (Google: Priceline promo codes, check RetailMeNot for coupons/deals, or use the Chrome extension Honey.
Now, I know some of us aren’t adventurous enough to book a mystery hotel, but it’s a great way to save money! Especially for last minute stays.
Pro Tip: What if I told you there’s a trick to book the exact hotel you want? Let me know in the comments if you would like a blog post with more deets.